The JollyLook Pinhole Instant Camera DIY Kit is a modern and vintage instant camera DIY kit that combines classic design with eco-friendly materials, manual development mechanism, bellows and exposure calculator .
Now you might be wondering why Newsshooter is posting about a DIY pinhole camera? Well, the team behind the Jollylook team was based in Irpin, Ukraine which was occupied in the early days of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The team was forced to leave Ukraine and moved to Zvolen, Slovakia, where they are currently rebuilding the company and continuing to work on the Jollylook project.
The whole concept behind the Jollylook Pinhole DIY Kit is to bring back the fun of building a camera and taking a picture. Users will be able to adjust the zoom distance and shutter aperture.
The great thing is that instant film lets you see your results immediately, but in a tangible, analog form.
- Vintage Design – The classic vintage-inspired design is striking and catches the eye of all who see it.
- DIY – There’s no such thing as the satisfaction of DIY, and Jollylook lets you participate in making it handcrafted.
- Mechanical – Capture life’s most precious memories without worrying about running out of power.
- Precise zoom control – Zoom from 50mm to 110mm towards your subject and achieve impressive close-ups.
- Foldable and Compact – Just a little bigger than an iPhone box, it’s easy for you to take beautiful memories wherever you go.
- Easy to Build – With easy-to-follow instructions, the Jollylook Pinhole Kit can be assembled in 1.5-3 hours.
- A Striking Display Camera – Even when not in use, the Jollylook Pinhole looks great on the shelf!
- Fun to Use – Jollylook Pinhole is a fun and exciting camera that teaches you more about photography while impressing your friends and creating unforgettable instant memories.
- Great Photos – Using Instax Mini Film gives you ten instant analog color or monochrome photos. Instax is the most reliable, affordable and durable instant film available.
- Environmentally friendly – The body of the Jollylook Auto is made from natural biodegradable laminated wood fibers.
The Jollylook Pinhole DIY Kit is on the Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign site and their goal was to raise $20,000 in 30 days. At 29 days from the end, this objective has already been exceeded.
The first commercially produced Jollylook Pinhole DIY Kit Cameras are expected to be available in November 2022.
You can support the project for as little as US$69. Like any crowdfunding campaign, there are never guarantees, so please use your best judgment before deciding to support a project.
Jollylook Pinhole DIY kit Technical specifications
- Dimensions folded: 150х100х80 мм
- Dimensions unfolded (working) position: 150х100х215 мм
- Viewfinder: Fresnel Lens
- Material: biodegradable natural wood fibre, easily recyclable and FSC certified.
- Painting: Natural oils and waxes, renewable raw materials of plant origin.
- Pinhole diameter: 0.38 mm
- Focal length: 50mm to 110mm.
- Focus: Pinhole, everything in front of the camera is also in focus.
- Film: Fujifilm Instax mini
- Image size: 62 x 46mm
- Film development: manual mechanism
- Power supply: not necessary, fully mechanical
- Weight: 500 grams.